Servicios De Consejeria Nueva Esperanza,
Are you a Victim of Crime?A crime can have severe effects on a victim. Weeks, even months after the event, the victim may be still experiencing emotional problems, which can lead to dedicated to help those victims, as well as their families, who have suffered emotional injury as a result of a crime.If you are a victim of crime, or a family member of a victim, you may be eligible to receive counseling at Nueva Esperanza through the State Victim Assistance Program, Board of Control. We offer individual, family, and group psychotherapy, crisis intervention, psychological testing and evaluations.Services are available in Orange County and Los Angeles County. In case of hardship, home visits may be provided.
We treat victims of:
Are you Eligible? Mental health counseling may be covered under the Victims of Crime Program, if you qualify. The program determines each individual eligibility for benefits on a case by case basis. Individuals that the board may consider eligible include the following:
- Victims of DUI, hit and run, or reckless driving that resulted in vehicular manslaughter.
- A victim of crime who suffers emotional injury or a survivor of someone who dies as a direct result of a crime.
- Someone who was present during the crime and had a close relationship with the victim.
- There must be a filed police report (within a year of the crime).
- The individual cannot be a participant to the crime.
- The individual cannot be on formal probation.
- The individual must cooperate with authorities.
We offer psychological counseling to victims and their families to help them cope with the trauma of being either a victim or a witness of a crime.Please contact us for additional information or to schedule an appointment.